How to Make Gluten-Free Pasta Alfredo
What happens when you’re a video editor stuck home in Quarantine? You film your wife making dinner of some Gluten Free Pasta Alfredo, of course!
I’ve posted two videos to my YouTube Channel that we have filmed for a little Gluten-Free Quarantine Cooking. Check it out and Subscribe for More Videos.
Homemade Gluten Free Pasta Recipe
The Recipe is also really easy.
This recipe is good for any kind of Gluten-Free Pasta (linguine, fettucini, lasagna, etc.) These are made fresh, but can also be dried and cooked later like normal pasta. This recipe also does not require a machine. How do you make gluten-free pasta without a machine? It’s pretty easy actually. Here are the ingredients you’ll need. Full disclosure, if you follow the links below they’ll take you a webpage and I may receive a small commission if you buy them.
Enough Pasta for about 4 to 6 servings
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1. Whisk together the flour and salt with a fork in a medium mixing bowl
2. Create a deep well in middle of the flour and cack the 3 eggs into this well
3. Work the flour into the eggs (Don’t rush this step)
4. Once it’s formed a soft dough, transfer to floured surface
5. Fold the dough on itself until firm enough to knead
6. Incorporate more flour as needed to keep it from sticking
7. Check for air bubbles with a paring knife
8. Kneed until there is few bubbles and dough forms an elastic ball
9. Put ball aside, covered for at least 30 minutes
10. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions
11. On a floured surface, roll one portion as thin as possible
12. Once flat, gently roll it up.
13. Use a sharp knife to cut into noodle length of desired width
14. Unroll the noodle and finish cutting the rest
15. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil
16. Boil Noodles 3-4 minutes To Dry for Later: Let the pasta dry until completely brittle. Store in an airtight container for several weeks. OR, Freeze long noodles on a baking sheet until completely frozen. Then, put in an airtight container and freeze up to 3 months.
Easy Gluten Free Alfredo Sauce
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (7.6-ounce) can NESTLÉ Media Crema or LALA Media Crema
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; stir in media crema, milk and bouillon. Bring to a gentle boil.
2. Add cheese; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
3. Serve over hot pasta; garnish with parsley.
If you liked this video check out our other videos over at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDxfV3OC_sLd–U61bgxbKg?view_as=new
And if you need a video of your own, drop me a line at [email protected] or +1 518-703-6046